Developing and Optimizing Talent in APAC
2020-09-09T14:05:00 2020-09-09T14:05:00 - 2020-09-09T14:50:00
Asia is the world’s largest manufacturing hub and accounts for 50% of global GDP. APAC continues to be a dynamic and diverse region, with each country presenting a unique cultural and economic environment and its own set of challenges for business and mobility teams. As Asia and the rest of the world gets on the road to recovery after the peak of the Covid-19 crisis, how can organisations maximise and deploy talent in the region and what is best practice in the more challenging locations?
• What does the future hold for talent development in APAC in the post-pandemic world? Will there be a greater concentration of talent remaining in the region?
• What will recent changes to immigration policies (in the USA for example) mean for home-grown talent in the APAC region? Are we likely to see greater protectionism affecting mobility from Asia Pacific?
• How will recent developments in Hong Kong impact on business and mobility?
• How do you manage moving assignees in and around the APAC region, especially from high cost/high salary regions to low cost/low salary regions?
• How can you manage health and security risks and culturally prepare your assignees for challenging locations?
• What is the future for outsourcing and shared services in countries like The Philippines and India that have been such a major part of mobility models?
• Is the ‘expat model’ still a realistic representation of APAC mobility? What is the future for assignees and expats who want to live in the region?